WILLIAM BURLEIGH was born in the colony, the illegitimate child of First Fleet convict ELIZABETH BURLEIGH (alias ELIZABETH DALTON) and Surgeon THOMAS ARNDELL. He was the younger half-brother of First Fleeter FRANCES HANNAH CLEMENTS, a child born to ELIZABETH BURLEIGH and JOHN CLEMENTS on board the Lady Penrhyn (1788). He was buried on 4 March 1792. His headstone inscription states that he was aged 19 months and 23 days. When his half-sister FRANCES HANNAH subsequently died in 1800, aged 11 years old, she was buried in the same grave as baby WILLIAM.
- Alternate: WILLIAM ARNDILL (c.f. burial record)
- Alternate: WILLIAM ARNDELL
- Section 4, Row I, No. 1, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta (shared grave with sister FRANCES HANNAH CLEMENTS)
- Son of Surgeon THOMAS ARNDELL (illegitimate)
- Son of ELIZABETH BURLEIGH (aka ELIZABETH DALTON) convict per Lady Penrhyn (1788)
- Half-brother of FRANCES HANNAH CLEMENTS
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Born in the colony
# Grave: marked
This profile is a stub. Further information will be added in due course.