MARY CONNOR (I) was an Irish convict who was tried and convicted at Dublin, Ireland in 1790 and sentenced to seven years transportation for robbing a person. CONNOR sailed with the Third Fleet from Cork, Ireland on 19 April 1791 and arrived in the colony with her nine-month-old daughter JUDY CONNOR per Queen (1791) on 26 September 1791.
An infant recorded as “MARY CONNOR” (II) was buried at St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta on 11 April 1792. It is highly probable that the infant buried at St. John’s was actually JUDY and that the name was simply incorrectly recorded, but it is also possible that MARY gave birth to another child named MARY in the colony.
MARY CONNOR (I) herself would die just a couple of months after the infant and on 16 June 1792 was likewise buried in an unmarked grave at St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta.
- Born: c.1756, Kerry, Ireland
- Tried and convicted: 1790, Dublin, Ireland
- Sentenced to seven years transportation: 1790, Dublin, Ireland
- Daughter JUDY CONNOR born: c. January 1791
- Sailed to the colony of New South Wales with the Third Fleet per Queen: 19 April 1791
- Arrived with nine-month-old JUDY CONNOR in the colony per Queen: 26 September 1791
- Daughter “MARY CONNOR” (II) died: c. 11 April 1792, Parramatta, Colony of New South Wales
- Daughter “MARY CONNOR” (II) buried: 11 April 1792, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta
- Died: c. 16 June 1792, Parramatta, Colony of New South Wales
- Buried: 16 June 1792, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta
- Unmarked grave, exact location unknown, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Irish Convicts to New South Wales, 1788–1849 (http://members.pcug.org.au/~ppmay/cgi-bin/irish/irish.cgi, 2011), MARY CONNOR, http://members.pcug.org.au/~ppmay/cgi-bin/irish/irish.cgi?requestType=Search2&id=5183, accessed 26 March 2019.
# Third Fleet
# Trial Place: Dublin, Ireland
# Punishment: Seven Years Transportation
# Ship: Queen (1791)
# Grave: unmarked
This profile is a stub. Further information will be added in due course.