GEORGE HAYLOCK was a free child who was born on 16 November 1791 and baptised at St. John’s, Parramatta on on 9 January 1792. According to his baptism record, he was the son of “CAROLINA HAYLOCK,” also known as the First Fleet convict named CAROLINE LAYCOCK who was tried at Westminster in 1785 and arrived per Prince of Wales (1788). No father’s name was recorded, but family history researchers identify MARK TURNER as the father of this child and a number of other children the couple subsequently had together. Baby GEORGE was buried in an unmarked grave at St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta on 15 June 1792.
- Alternate: GEORGE LAYCOCK
- Alternate: GEORGE HAYCOCK
- Alternate: GEORGE TURNER
- Unmarked grave, exact location unknown, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta
- Parish Baptism Registers, Textual records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Parish Burial Registers, Textual records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
# Grave: unmarked
This profile is a stub. Further information will be added in due course.